- The journey of the womenâ€™s group of Hemophilia Society of Malaysia dates back to 2014. Dr. Shan Narayanan, volunteer with the society, coincidentally met Cheryl Dâ€™ Ambrosio, founder of "MyGirlsBloodâ€ť at the WFH Congress in May 2014.
- "MyGirlsBloodâ€ť is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing awareness of girls and women with bleeding disorders. The conversation with Cheryl inspired Dr. Shan Narayanan to start a womenâ€™s group in Malaysia.
- Dr. Shan brought this idea, over to Dr. Jameela Saathar, Senior Consultant Hematologist in Ampang Hospital, Selangor, Malaysia.
- On 17 September 2014, "Kelab Haemostasis Wanitaâ€ť, in short KHWAN (Womenâ€™s Haemostasis Club) was born in Ampang Hospital.
- In October 2104, Dr. Jameela, submits a project paper to NNHF, applying for funds to develop the womenâ€™s group.
- On 17 & 18 November 2014, Ms. Cheryl Dâ€™Ambrosio and Mr. Mukesh Garodia from India attended, at their own cost, "Developing a womenâ€™s groupâ€ť seminar in Ampang Hospital. They provided much Insight into how to a develop womenâ€™s group.
- In December 2014, NNHF approved the application for funds to set up the womenâ€™s group.
- In November 2015, the project was finalized. It was decided that the project would be for one and half years commencing in January 2016. Dr. Shan Narayanan was appointed as the Project Manager and Dr. Jameela Sathar as the advisor.
Today, the womenâ€™s group has a small no of 25 people contributing and adding up.
More about KHWAN: